(Adding new links all the time)
Recovery & faith-based resources
- Alcoholics Anonymous – meetings, info & resources
- AlcoholHelp.com* – excerpt from their site: “is an informational resource that aspires to educate the public on addictions and addictive substances and to assist people who may have already become addicted themselves…” *I don’t have any personal experience with this site but they did reach out to me. They do have a blog & articles with lots of helpful information including this guide explaining the detox process. They also have treatment referrals. As always, you’ll need to research if this is the best route for you as I can’t refer one way or the other without having first-hand experience (disclaimer) but I would certainly give them a read.
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention – you are not alone!
- Al-Anon – does someone you love struggle with alcohol?
- Bible.com (You Version) – Bible & resources via app or web
- Celebrate Recovery – Christian based recovery
- Got Questions – website packed with answers to lots of biblical questions
- National Alliance on Mental Illness – find local chapters & resources
- Resume Builder – getting back into the work force or know someone in recovery who can use some assistance doing so? These folks recently reached out to me because they have been kind enough to create and post some much needed (free) recommendations, tips & tools for returning to the work force for those in recovery. I can tell you firsthand that I’m grateful there were services through a local non-profit available to me – even early in sobriety – that allowed me to go back to school. There’s way more assistance today and this article would be a great place to start. Check out their resource article here.
- SpurgeonBooks (Instagram) – Charles Spurgeon quotes & inspiring images & also, sign up for: “Pray With Spurgeon” devotional (I love this one!)
- The Token Shop – recovery themed gifts & time markers
Please adopt, don’t shop (your local shelter is probably OVER-filled with sweet pets needing good homes too). PLEASE consider the shelters and rescues first.
- Adopt a Golden Nashville – Middle TN Golden Retriever rescue
- Neuse River Golden Retriever Rescue – Eastern NC; rescue, rehab, adopt
Various medical challenges sites that have helped loved ones & myself
*PLUS* There’s a newly added page to this site, specifically for those dealing with chronic illness, disability, and ostomy (commonly referred to as “Spoonies” in the chronic illness community). Articles and more will be anchored there (click here).
- American Cancer Society
- Ankylosing Spondylitis – Spondylitis Association of America
- Arthritis Foundation
- Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation
- Endometriosis – Johns Hopkins Medicine
- United Ostomy Associations of America
Music on this site (project date order)
- Blue Jay Recording Studio, Carlisle, MA (Karah’s 2000 project)
- Kingston Recording Studio, Kingston, NH: Doug Mitchell, producer/engineer (2001-02 projects)
- StarPlex Studios, White House TN: Glen Pace, producer/engineer (2002 projects)
- The Project Room Recording Studio, Hendersonville, TN: Jerry Webb & Lance Dary (2005+ projects)